Role responsibilities for the Systems Administrator, part of a team of 12 in either our London or Sterling, VA centers is our client's primary line of defense in supporting their platform infrastructure in 50 offices and productions centers globally.
Post holders will be expected to work shifts including weekends whilst regular night work is not required it should be expected that the post holder will need to work nights during certain events.
The team will execute our IT Event, Incident and Request Management processes at Discovery ensure a culture of excellence and consistent service and supporting Discovery s best in class platform infrastructure.
The centers are also the point of contact and owners for an IT Major Incident Incidents and as an Analyst are responsible for initiating IT Major Incident process and procedures in our Platform Infrastructure.
- Outage vetting initiating of critical outage situations
- Severity 1, 2, and 3 outage notifications/updates/resolutions
- Monitor Discovery s production network in real-time
- Working experience of AWS architecture and operations, including EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, IAM, Cloud Formation
- Implement, or assist with implementation of, changes to production & network infrastructure or server equipment
- Perform escalation resolution of systems accounts for Active Directory, 0365, and numerous globally deployed business applications
- Manage network printer queues, drivers, and firmware
- Provide oversight to the Release Management process in monitoring and updating the status of network and server devices
- Work closely with regional IT staff to ensure success of daily operations
- Provide support for server patching/change management activities
- Provide a seamless and professional experience in supporting remote and regional customers
- Monitor Discovery s production network in real time
- Coordinate escalation process to third-party vendors
- Identify, adjust, and help establish new monitors and metrics needs
- Be available for on-call/after hours to support critical outage situations requiring multiple streams of technical lead support
- Support new-hire on-boarding with proactive verification on HR initiation, follow-up on new hire arrival, and post-arrival checks
- Uphold professional ticket management from the get-go for the benefit of the rest of the global support teams by ensuring all ticket types are logged, work logs comprehensively updated and then carefully manage routing to ensure resolution
- Maintain on-going communication with customers, keeping them up-to-date with the progress of their tickets
- Serve as a liaison between other support teams and the customer as required by working collaboratively across all leadership levels
- Provide support to the Duty Operations Manager in the management of outages as needed, providing communications to small and large-scale user groups.
- Be proactive and ensure constant follow up with involved IT teams to ensure resolution
- Ability to embrace and support new technologies introduced first hand to IT
- Experience with ITIL principals
- Keep Knowledge Base(s) up-to-date
Associated topics: infrastructure, ip, maintenance, network, network administrator, scom, scom sccm, system administrator, tcp, tcp ip