PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Primarily responsible for infrastructure supporting web services platforms. This includes the architecture, maintenance and monitoring.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain network operations on a day-to-day basis for a complex network of over 400 workstations and 150 servers as part of the Infrastructure Services team, focusing on telecommunications solutions.
2. Troubleshoot and proactively monitor telecommunications systems, including the Mitel PBX, Oaisys Call recording, Voice4Net surveys & screen pops, MiCollab, IVR, Biscom Faxcom.
3. Provide documentation of telecom systems and network topology.
4. Implement authorized network enhancements and special projects as assigned, in conjunction and collaboration with call center teams.
5. Support and maintain recovery systems and operations, including but not limited to: maintaining backup system configuration, performing backup system upgrades, monitoring backups, and performing restores as needed.
6. Participate in a rotating on-call support schedule.
7. Supports the organization in the design and implementation of network components.
8. Recommend new and emerging technologies to solve call center/customer service problems.
9. Ensure cost-effective telecommunications services through periodic review of proper licensing, billing reports and contracts.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelors of Science degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred, or demonstrated equivalent of work experience and industry accreditation.
2. Five years System Engineering experience
3. Technical certification training in telecommunications services (i.e. Mitel, Skype, Cisco)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
1. Expert experience supporting Mitel technologies (i.e. PBX, ACD, IVR, Oaysis).
2. Extensive experience supporting medium to large call centers.
3. Extensive experience in Microsoft operating systems, both workstation and server.
4. Strong experience with managing telecom circuits (i.e. SIP trunks), vendors and contracts
5. Experience with VMware ESXi in a clustered environment.
6. Experience implementing and supporting Microsoft clustering.
7. Experience with collaboration technologies (i.e. Skype for Business, WebEx, etc.)
8. Ability to administer large and complex computer networks.
9. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
10.Must be detail-oriented, security conscious, and proficient in troubleshooting.
11.Strong communication skills to provide for effective documentation and business cases.
12.Strong time management skills.
Director of Technology Infrastructure, Vice President, Customer Service, Systems Engineers, Chief Technology Officer, Lead Architect
General corporate hours are 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Your actual work schedule may vary depending on your departments business needs. Additional hours may be required to achieve business objectives.
Job requires frequent use of a keyboard, computer and monitor, sitting and occasional lifting or exerting force of up to 70 pounds with or without an assistive device.
Typical office conditions.