**About the Position:** This position is located at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) within the Department of Orthopedics in Bethesda, Maryland. Incumbent will provide nursing care to eligible beneficiaries of all ages where care is provided to active duty service personnel, retirees, and their family members. Work requires standing and walking throughout the unit.
Position is being filled using EHA - Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
Learn more about this agency
* Changes linen, position and turn bedridden patients, initiate measures to prevent patient skin breakdown. * Provides assistance to a doctor during examination and treatment in areas by the bedside, clinics, examining rooms, and/or minor surgical procedures. * Answers signal lights, bells, or intercom system to determine patients' needs. Assist patients in walking, moving, patient transport and escort duties. * Prepares patients for examination (for example, takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure, measures and records weight and height and obtains specimens for routine testing). * Maintains adequate supplies in patient care areas, labels specimens, monitors stock levels and expiration dates of supplies and equipment and replenishes as needed. * Documents patient's chief complaints and other pertinent information in the electronic medical records. * Gives personal services to patients such as bathing, a.m. care, p.m. care and hygienic care. * Provides assistance to a professional nurse in the care of inpatients ranging from routine to seriously ill. * Assists with feeding or feeding patients requiring help, monitor intake and output, monitoring tube placement and line placement while moving patient. * Monitors patients and take vital signs to make observations and identify abnormal findings. * You will perform a variety of nursing assistant care duties, ranging from routine to moderately specialized in nature.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
0621 Nursing Assistant
#### Similar jobs
* Assistants, Nursing * Nursing Assistants
### Conditions of Employment
* This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Tier 3 security investigation or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required. * This position requires the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing. * Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation. * A Certified Nursing Assistant is preferred. * This position requires that you obtain and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. * This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination and an annual examination thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position. * This position has mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons (documentation of exemption must be provided upon hire).
**Who May Apply: US Citizens**
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
**Specialized Experience:** One year of specialized experience that is equivalent to the GS-04 grade level in the Federal Service which includes performing nursing care work in a hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home, or other medical, nursing, or patient care facility, or in such work as that of a home health aid performing duties obtaining vital signs, height and weight, lab collection, observing patients utilizing basic equipment (i.e., stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, pulse oximeter); interviewing patients to obtain medical history; documenting patient information into electronic medical records/systems.
**Education****:** Four-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with courses related to the occupation.
**Combination**** of Education and Experience:** A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of education beyond two years (total semester hours minus 60) by 60. Add the two percentages.
**FOREIGN EDUCATION:**If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:
### Additional information
* Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration. * You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. * Two year trial/probationary period may be required. * Direct Deposit of Pay is required. * Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees. * If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet. * Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. * Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement. * Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If, after reviewing your r?sum? and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. **If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.**
**1. Your resume:**
* Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement. * If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy. * For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position. * For additional information see: What to include in your resume. **2. Other supporting documents:** * Cover Letter, optional * Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable * If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: You MUST submit a copy of your transcript if you want to substitute your education for experience. If you claim qualifications based on education, and do not submit a transcript, your education will not be used in making a qualification determination and you may be found \"not qualified.\" See: Transcripts and Licenses.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 03/04/2019 to receive consideration.
* To begin, click **Apply**to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application ( * Follow the prompts to **select your r?sum? and/or other supporting documents** to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. * After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and **click to continue with the application process**. * You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. **You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete**. * It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. * Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account ( all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit:
### Agency contact information
### Army Applicant Help Desk
JT-APF-DDAAFF WR NATIONAL MILITARY MEDICAL CTR DO NOT MAIL Bethesda, MD 20889 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
**If you have questions regarding this job posting please visit and complete the online submission form. To expedite the process please include the Job announcement number, which can be found at the top, right hand side of the job announcement.**
This vacancy utilizes Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) to recruit and appoint qualified persons directly to designated healthcare occupations. Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors or omissions may affect your rating. Qualified candidates will be referred to the selecting official(s) for consideration.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. * An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. * An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability * Social security number request * Privacy Act * Signature and false statements * Selective Service * New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525893500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.