Formerly known as John Deere Landscapes, SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. We have a long history of serving residential and commercial landscape professionals who specialize in the design, installation and maintenance of lawns, gardens, golf courses and other outdoor spaces.
Through our network of over 460 stores across 44 states and five provinces, we offer a comprehensive selection of more than 90,000 products including irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies. With a world-class team of over 2,700 industry experts, we also provide industry- leading complementary services and business assistance to support our product offering and to help our customers operate and grow their businesses; all tailored to meet each customer's specific needs.
Watch Our Brand Anthem Video:
At SiteOne, we are committed to five key business objectives:
1. Be a great place to work for our associates.
2. Deliver superior quality, service and value to our customers.
3. Be the distributor of choice for our suppliers.
4. Achieve industry-leading financial performance and growth for our shareholders.
5. Be a good neighbor in our communities.
By leveraging the strength and capabilities of a large company with the passion, drive, experience and commitment of our talented local teams ? we can consistently achieve these objectives and make our customers the most successful professionals in the Green Industry. We know our customer's business better than anyone in our industry and together with our customers and suppliers, we can achieve exceptional success.
The Role ? Assistant Branch Manager II
The Location ? Salisbury, MD
In partnership with the Store Manager, achieve world-class store performance while contributing to and supporting the overall Store strategy, performance and growth. Champion select best practices within the store and participate in store/area-wide initiatives.
* Talent Focused: We recruit, develop, mentor and retain the best
* Customer Obsessed: We are relentless in making our customers successful
* Fast Moving: We hustle and make it happen?safely
* Team Players: We respect and support each other and put team first
* Solution Oriented: We get the facts and solve problems; find win-wins
* Agents Of Change: We are always looking for the better way
* Professional: We do everything with quality and integrity
* Competitive: We have fun? serving our customers and winning!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
* Provide guidance and supervision to the staff regarding daily activities, as well as answering product and process questions.
* Provide support to the manager with various administrative functions of the store including accounting, inventory management, sales transactions, purchase orders, product transfers and defective goods disposition.
* Manage and participate in sales transactions, including counter and phone sales.
* Determine customer-pricing levels for product purchases and makes point-of-sale pricing determinations to secure sales in absence of the store manager.
* Work with store manager to review branch performance with sales and financial goals and other operational metrics. Implements changes as necessary
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Knowledge of nursery, irrigation and landscape products and practices.
* Possess computer skills and ability to multi-task.
* Skill in managing product inventory and understanding of re-wholesaling.
* General understanding of accounting fundamentals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Degree in a business/management discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 1 to 3 years of experience in retail nursery, irrigation and/or landscape industry preferred.
* Managerial experience, which includes leadership, issue management, motivation and/or team building.
* 401k with company match
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* Company-paid Life Insurance
* Optional Life Insurance
* Company-paid Short Term Disability Insurance
* Company-paid Long Term Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Paid Time Off
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Holidays
* Product Discounts
* Competitive Compensation
* Opportunities for advancement
* This position requires long periods of standing and candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.