Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you? JOB SUMMARY Leadsworkgroups and/or functions as a technical expert. Resolves and makes decisions on more complex,non-routine service requests with limited to moderate risk. Performs research, analysis, design, creationand implementation of applications to meet current and future userrequirements. Defines and creates thenext generation of solutions to drive Marriott value. Monitors multiple projects by ServiceProvider to successful completion, maintaining scope within the time and budgetconstraints. Creates solutions thatserve our business leveraging current and leading edge technologies in aninnovative and impactful manner. CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience Required: * 8+years' experience in software development with expert level expertise in multiple programming languages andmethodologies
* 5+years hands-on experience with application development tools
* 3+years hands-on implementation experience building large-scale big data systems
* 1+ yearshands-on implementation experience building applications using Kafka, Spark,and Scala
* 2+ years hands-onimplementation experience with RDBMS such as PostgreSQL or Oracle Preferred: * Graduatedegree
* Experiencein waterfall and/or agile software methodologies
* Demonstratedability to anticipate future software engineering opportunities
* Technologyleadership experience in a sourced environment
* Experience with following technologies:
* Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce,Hive, Pig, Oozie, and Nifi
* Exposure to AWSservices such as EMR, Glue, Lambda, Step Functions, Aurora, DynamoDB, etc.
* NoSQL: Couchbase,HBase, AWS DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
* Familiaritywith Linux
* DevOpsEnvironment Experience
* Experiencewith large data sets - regularly transforming and querying tables or sets withSpark Streaming
* Exposureto data hygiene routines and models
* Experiencein database design, development and data modeling CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Technical Leadership * Trainsand/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
* Provides financial input on department or projectbudgets, capital expenditures or other cost/resource estimates as requested
* Identifies opportunities to enhance the servicedelivery processes. DeliveringTechnology * Performsmore complex quantitative and qualitative analyses for service deliveryprocesses and projects.
* Facilitatesachievement of expected deliverables and obligations of Services Providers
* Validatescompleteness of requirements prior to Service Provider solutioning
* Ensuresall projects follow the defined development and business case processes
* Ensuresproper coordination with appropriate IT and vendor relations teams
* Providesconsultation for routine and complex systems development
* Ensuresearly warning to the business stakeholder executives regarding degraded ormissed service levels
* Coordinateswith Operations and Infrastructure teams for deployment and production supportactivities IT Governance * Followsall defined IT standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G,Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriateprocess owners as needed
* Maintainsa proper balance between business and operational risk
* Followsthe defined project management standards and processes Service Provider Management * Validatesthat Service Providers develop and manage respective aspects of a project plan,including schedules, deliverables, and appropriate metrics.
* Makesshort term plans for the team to effectively utilize resources
* MonitorsService Provider outcomes
* Reviewsestimates of work effort for client project provided by Service Providers foraccuracy
* Facilitatestimely resolution of service delivery problems and minimizes the impact toclients MANAGEMENTCOMPETENCIES Leadership * Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in aconvincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
* Leading Through Visionand Values - Keeps the organization's vision andvalues at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
* Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process andenergizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerateits pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintainingcomposure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
* Problem Solving andDecision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, andopportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to drawconclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solvesproblems, and chooses a course of action.
* Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioralstyles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a goodfirst impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
* Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring andsystematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential forproducing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution ofbusiness plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluationprocesses. ManagingExecution * Building a SuccessfulTeam - Uses an effective interpersonalstyle to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion andengagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to theorganization.
* StrategyExecution - Ensures successful executionacross of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction,profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, andon-going evaluation processes.
* Driving for Results - Sets high standards ofperformance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives;initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward theaccomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what isrequired. Building Relationships * Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on anunderstanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with thecompany's service standards.
* Global Mindset - Supportsemployees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations,and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation,engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given theopportunity to contribute to their full potential.
* Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellowemployees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, andincluded; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outsidethe organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental sharedservices and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance,Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective externalrelations with government, business and industry in respective countries;performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporateto ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understoodand executed. GeneratingTalent and Organizational Capability * Developing Others - Supports the development of other's skills andcapabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/roleresponsibilities more effectively.
* Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adaptsthe structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/orsupport the goals of an organizational unit. Learning andApplying Professional Expertise * Continuous Learning - Activelyidentifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage oflearning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job andlearns through their application.
* Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skillsand knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everydaybusiness operations and generate innovative solutions to approachfunction-specific work challenges
* Technical Intelligence: Knowledge and ability todefine and apply appropriate technology to enhance business process
* DevelopmentMethodologies: Knowledge of general stages ofSDLC framework and the application tiers within the development space.
* Information Security: Knowledgeof the security considerations relevant within the development space, includingindustry best practices related to information security
* Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information tomanage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approachbusiness and administrative challenges.
* Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required foraccomplishing basic work activities.
* Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software(e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
* Mathematical Reasoning - Theability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in away that allows one to solve work-related issues.
* Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understandinformation and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
* Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphsin work related documents.
* Writing - Communicating effectively in writing asappropriate for the needs of the audience. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Associated topics: application architect, architecture, backend, back end, c#, design, expert, matlab, perl, project architect