What You Will Do:
Seeking an Experienced Registered Nurse (RN) for Nurse Wound Care Resource position with the Wound Clinic at UMMC-Midtown
When we say our community we mean it.
University of Maryland Medical Center - Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System.
When you join or team of Registered Nurses, you ll become a part of a close-knit group of more than 1,000 staff members who provide care in 30+ specialties. Our team is focused on delivering the best care possible to every patient and to supporting each other.
The Wound Healing Center at University of Maryland Midtown campus is a regional leader for wound healing excellence, specializing in limb preservation and complex wounds. Patients enter a program of healing and are expected to heal within 8-12 weeks.
- Serves as a clinical expert in area of specialty within the standards established by the Wound Care & Continence Nurse Society, National Alliance of Wound Care, and National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel.
- Adheres to the UMMC Midtown Campus clinical practice guidelines relating to the scope of wound care.
- Uses an interdisciplinary approach to wound management, follows the UMMC Midtown Campus clinical practice guidelines to minimize and prevent pressure ulcers.
- Establishes and achieves clinical priorities for quality improvement initiatives related to wound care.
- Assists with compilation and analysis of pressure ulcer incidence and quarterly prevalence studies as well as participates in product utilization studies.
- Provides formal and informal education on wounds, skin and ostomy care for all levels of the clinical staff to increase competencies.
- Initiates communication with the clinical staff; plans educational programs to ensure a consistently high level of service to patients with ostomies, complex wounds, fistulas, pressure sores and incontinence.
- Has a positive relationship with nursing staff, hospitalist, physician assistants, residents, Attending Physicians, social workers, case managers, nutritionist, physical therapist, and materials management.
- Initiates corrective actions to reduce expenditures and enhance revenues without compromising quality of services.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings and chair committees as required.
- Demonstrates support and compliance with UMMC Midtown Campus mission, vision, values, philosophy, goals, objectives and policies.
- Performs additional functions and other activities assigned.
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care, care unit, mhb, nurse clinical, psychiatric, registered nurse, surgery, transitional