Regular, full-time non-exempt position with competitive benefits package.
Position is open until filled, and application review begins immediately.
- Great rates for Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans.
- Maryland State Retirement and Pension System (SRPS).
- Tuition remission for employee, spouse, and dependents.
- Great rates at our campus parking garages.
- More than 30 days each year of paid annual, sick, holiday and personal leave.
- Life insurance programs, deferred compensation packages, long- term disability, and participation in the State Credit Union.
The Physical Plant department is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of over 1 million square feet in 13 buildings across 11 acres.
- Performs electrical work at the journeyman level.
- Under supervision, installs, maintains and repairs equipment and facilities involving electrical circuits carrying less than 13,000 volts.
- Must report and be on campus during deemed weather related events to protect and restore campus grounds to operational condition, which may entail extended hours of work.
- Performs specified electrical work; installs, repairs or maintains electrical panels, circuit breakers, fuses, wiring, switches, conduits, raceways, and lighting systems.
- Diagnoses problems, tests electrical circuits, repairs & replaces parts for electrical systems, apparatus, electrical and electronic components of building systems and equipment following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications and panels.
- Reads and interprets plans, blueprints.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Hold a valid & current Maryland DLLR Journeyman electrical license.
- Four years of electrician experience.
Associated topics: cable, cable harness, electric, electrical, journeyman electrician, plc, power, solar, troubleshoot, wiring